Fairer Health Outcomes for All: Welsh Public Health Conference
SWALEC Stadium Cardiff
The Welsh Government?s reducing inequities in health strategic action plan Fairer Health Outcomes for all will provide a framework for the conference.
The conference objectives are to:
Develop understanding and learning on health inequities in Wales and to take forward action; and
Inform policy making and practice.
The conference, which will have a very practical focus, is for policy makers and decision makers in the Welsh Government, NHS, local government and the third sector. Speakers will include:
- Carwyn Jones, First Minister;
- Lesley Griffiths, Minister for Health and Social Services;
- Sir Muir Gray CBE MD, Director of the Oxford Centre for Healthcare Transformation;
- Dr Jessica Allen, Project Director, Marmot Review Group;
- David Sissling Chief Executive of NHS Wales;
- Dr Tony Jewell, Chief Medical Officer for Wales;
- Professor Sir Mansel Aylward CB, Chair of Public Health Wales.
Deadline for Poster abstracts: 11th July 2011
Please submit abstracts of 150 words (not full posters) to