3rd annual Patient Safety conference
New information on mortality rates in NHS hospitals was published last week as part of plans to give patients and the public more transparent and robust information about their local NHS.
Health Secretary Andrew Lansley said: ?We are determined to improve patient safety and shine a light on poor performance by giving patients, public and the NHS more robust information about their hospital trust."
In light of this we are providing the perfect forum to learn, hear and discuss NHS reforms and patient safety, whilst providing efficient and effective solutions to the common challenges faced. Our 3rd annual Patient Safety conference on 10th November 2011 at the Church House Conference Centre, London will build on the success of the previous patient safety events
Patient Safety 2011 will discuss key areas including:
- Infection control and hygiene
- Patient Safety First
- The LIPS programme for mental health
- Open practice and transparency in patient safety
- The HCAI Technology Programme
- Medication safety
Bringing together key speakers from both central and local government, the voluntary and the private sector, with its insightful workshop sessions and unrivalled networking opportunities, this is a conference not to be missed.
To view the full programme please click here Speakers Include:
- Dr Suzette Woodward, Director of Patient Safety, National Patient Safety Agency and leading the design of the Patient Safety function as part of the NHS Commissioning Board Implementation Team
- Amanda Hutchinson, Head of Regulatory Development, Care Quality Commission
- David Foster, Deputy Chief Nursing Officer, Department of Health
- Dr Maureen Baker CBE, Clinical Director for Patient Safety, NHS Connecting for Health
- Dr Rowan Hillson MBE, National Clinical Director for Diabetes, Department of Health
- Juliette Cosgrove, Lead Nurse, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Stuart Toulson, Divisional Director of Nursing (South Division), NHS Direct
- Helen O'Shea, Deputy Chief Executive, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust
- Dr Alex Mayor, Medical Director, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust
- Ann Lloyd CBE, Trustee of The Patients Association, former Chief Executive of NHS Wales and of North Bristol NHS Trust
- Paul Kingsmore, President, Institute of Healthcare, Engineering and Estate Management
To make a booking contact Colleen O'Leary directly on:
Book Online here.