A New Housing Strategy for England: Choice, Flexibility and Affordable Housing
Tuesday 13th March 2012
Central London, 09:00 - 16:00
The government has launched its new housing strategy, ?Laying the Foundations'. This strategy outlines plans to improve social housing through investing £4.5billion in affordable housing.
The government aims to encourage housing associations and for-profit-providers to enter the affordable homes market, re-invigorating right-to-buy schemes and make social housing more flexible through reduced tenancy contracts.
With this in mind, Inside Government is pleased to invite you to an interactive discussion with a number of expert speakers addressing the latest policy developments within social housing and how to move forward.
CONFIRMED SPEAKER: Peter Ruback, Department for Communities and Local Government session 'Reforming Social Housing Finance' will address the following key topics:
- Supporting the transfer of financial control to local councils
- Effective governance and leadership in the new financial model
- A long term approach to asset management
- Ensuring transparency, accountability and fairness in social housing finance
- Utilising the private sector and housing associations: finding the cost-effective options
- Reducing costs of social housing whilst improving standards for tenants
Do not miss your opportunity to network with experts and fellow professionals, debate and discuss the future of social housing and learn from best practice case studies and knowledge exchange.
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT OFFER: 15% off all advertised rates up until 5pm Friday 27th January 2012*
BOOK ONLINE or call .