Public mental health and wellbeing: measurement, determinants and promotion
Date: 06-10 February 2012
Venue: Warwick Medical School
Recent national guidance in England now means that knowledge of mental health and wellbeing and the prevention of mental illness is becoming crucial for the role of public health practitioners.
This course draws on unique research currently being undertaken at the University of Warwick.
If you are engaged in promoting public health, then this Public Mental Health course will provide you with a theoretical and practical grounding in current issues in public mental health.
Students will gain a theoretical and practical grounding in current issues in public mental health.
- The epidemiology of mental health problems
- Definition and measurement of mental wellbeing
- Risk and protective factors for mental illness
- Evidence base for interventions to prevent mental illness
- The promotion of mental wellbeing
More Aims and Learning outcomes
For more information visit the Warwick Medical School website.