Public Health: an update and way forward
24th October 2012, The Barbican, London
Note: Early Bird rates available until 24th April
Britain is the most obese nation in Europe, with high levels of substance abuse, smoking fatalities and sexually transmitted diseasesNext year will mark the legislated dawn of a new devolved public healthcare system with a clear focus on people, places and empowermentDo you want to learn about the main challenges facing the new public health system and how can they be tackled?How should we channel limited resources to most effectively broach these issues and stimulate positive health outcomes for all?
Topics to be discussed
- Public Health: The current landscape and the road ahead
- Targeting resources to needs: Collating information and developing strategic interventions
- Tackling comorbid conditions
- Tackling binge drinking and alcoholism: Learning lessons from Scotland
- Beating obesity, keeping fit
- Improving the public's health: Where should our priorities lie?
View Full Details of Programme and Speakers
Public Health: An Integrated Approach offers a high profile programme of speakers, with experienced insight and practical examples of existing successful public health initiatives to provide inspiration and direction for all.
Delegates will have the chance to challenge, discuss and debate the key issues and gain relevant insight applicable to their professional roles which they can embed within their organisations and improve services.
Daniel Snape, Events Consultant,
PS Events, City Wharf, New Bailey St, Manchester, M3 5ER
Tel: 1, Fax: 6
Registered in England Co. Reg No. 4521155 Vat Reg No. 902 1814 62