New RCN Publication
Prevent, Promote, Protect ? Public Health is Every Nurse?s Business
Your contribution needed for a new RCN Publication
We are seeking examples of innovative public health practice that will highlight the depth and breadth of public health nursing roles.
- Would you like to showcase your service in a national publication?
- Will you contribute to the debate on the role and value of Public Health nurses?
If so, and you have an example that you would like to be considered for inclusion in the new RCN Publication we would love to hear from you. We would be particularly pleased to receive examples of PH Nursing interventions / innovations in the following areas.
- Early years development
- Olympics/Commonwealth Games
- Sexual health and contraception
- International disease migration
- International and European public health
- Communicable diseases and immunisation
- Health promotion and Campaign issues
- The evidence base for public health
- Incentivisation and Outcomes framework
- Employment and Occupational health and accident prevention
- Family and support networks and social exclusion
- Exercise and Green spaces
- Mental health and well-being, safety and violence
- Housing and town planning
- Rural Issues
- Localism and service provision
- Traffic, air quality, pollution and sanitation
- Poverty and welfare ( inc health inequalities and demographics)
- Smoking and alcohol
- The role of industry and Responsibility Deal networks
- Population threats and epidemics
- Education and personal development for PHNs
Follow this link for more information and the application proforma http://www.rcn.org.uk/development/communities/rcn_forum_communities/public_health