Coaching and mentoring
Some people find one-to-one support a valuable method to help them with their own development.
The CIPD website provides introductory guidance. It:
- explains what mentoring is and how it differs from coaching
- introduces some of the ways in which mentoring can be beneficial
- describes the qualities and characteristics required for a productive mentoring approach
The aim of the NHS mentoring toolkit is to function as a useful addition to local mentoring programs and training courses, as part of a concerted effort to foster a mentoring culture in the NHS.
- Institute of Healthcare Management - holds a coach register, and gives guidance on how to select and contract with a coach
- East of England SHA Coaching Network
- West Midlands & East Midlands NHS collaboration
- NHS board level coaching
- NHS Scotland mentoring and coaching (useful tools included)
- Coaching and Mentoring NHS Wales
Or contact your local SHA or employer